Consoleing the inconsolable,
reach your hand out and hold tight.
Fragile is the life given to thee.
Broken hearts clouding minds.
Close your eyes and rest now,
time heals all wounds.
Remember who they were,
forget the reasons for the passing.
A great man standing tall in your heart.
Now lay your head down child,
forget the horrific event of life unfolded.
He walks along side you now.
Let me provide you with sanctuary,
sanctuary from the world and it's hurt.
The heart is bruised but not broken.
Rebuild yourself upon his memory,
the memory of his love, strength, and happiness.
For he is beside you, rooting for you.
For life is fragile as he knows.
No atonement need be given.
Live to carry him forward with you.
Now we mourn, and rightly so.
But tomorrow is a new day,
Bright, beautiful, and full of promise.
As our hearts mend, he walks beside.
As we grow, he oversees.
For all we doubt, he knows.
Pour out thy soul now,
for a new day is around the corner.
He's watching in anticipation of your life.
It's beyond me to be able to put any form of death into words, god knows I've seen too much of it. It is part of the human condition, as much as we struggle to get away from it. We must hold our loved ones tight and cherish our time together. Never take the people in your life for granted, every second with them is a precious one. Although I never got to meet the man I wrote this poem about, I know he was a great person. He took care of someone close to my heart and furthermore, put a smile on her face. Life can be tragic, tears roll down my face even as I type; but we must remember the good times and realize that there is always something to be taken out of every situation we encounter in life. As broken hearted as many people are because of this tragic event taking away a life, he is with you. Everyone who has ever had the pleasure to be a part of this man's life, he will always be with you. As everyone mourns in the days to come, we must remember to think of him as he was. There's no greater compliment to the life of any individual but to be remembered for being a great person. Love, cherish, and keep him close to your hearts, for no one can ever take that away from you.
My deepest condolences to everyone of the family, I wish I had more than these words to give you.
Kyle
No comments:
Post a Comment