Friday, August 31, 2012

The Mask of Happiness

Drifting along, this life seems all too plain.
Happiness with love, all for shame.
The sounds of a voice calling out to me,
making me stop and lift my mask for a better view.

The monsters of the mind stagger my movement,
emotions breaking through the dam of mental capacity.
Foggy thoughts pursue my calmer senses,
my heart swelling from a crippling sickness.

A broken legend standing upon a cliff of ashes,
an old phoenix with it's wings clipped.
A place once beautiful, torn by anger and hate.
The old bird dives into the abyss to be reborn.

Day by day, I find myself shuffling through reality.
A playful facade of health and happiness,
hiding true feelings like a cheerful mask.
More like waiting, and hoping to take true form.

Now I walk, waiting for my love to come.
Trying to find a balance between emotion and thought.
Although left behind, not left for good.
Remembering the song composed by my name.

I bite my tongue and wait in silent solitude,
longing to hear the words I so dearly miss.
As farfetched as my feelings may be,
They continue to leave my mind too clouded to see.

Until love reigns me in once again, I dawn this mask.
Only a shell now, my empire once standing tall.
I crumble deep inside, the ashes of my life flutter about.
Sadness gone, for I have my mask, and it has me.

No comments:

Post a Comment